Organized jointly by the VIPS and MIDA labs
This is the first cycle of scientific seminars
aimed at disseminating the know-how acquired by the
VIPS and MIDA researchers in these last years.
The seminars are particularly addressed to PhD students, but open to all researchers. Each seminar will typically be held in one hour and will be focused on one specific topic.
The partecipation is free and encouraged.
1st Seminar, March 7 2006, 5.30PM
- "An inversion software for the analysis of solar X-ray spectra within the
NASA RHESSI Mission", Anna Maria Massone (CNR - INFM, LAMIA, Genova)
2nd Seminar, March 21 2006, 5.30PM
- "Rigorous computing in Computer Vision", Michela Farenzena (Dipartimento di Informatica, UniversitÓ di Verona)
3rd Seminar, April 11 2006, 4.30PM (it will be held in "Aula Riunioni", 2nd floor, Ca' Vignal 2)
- "Particle filters for the analysis of magnetoencephalography (MEG) time
series", Alberto Sorrentino (Dipartimento di Fisica, UniversitÓ
4th Seminar, May 9 2006, 3PM
- "Robust background modelling with stationary or moving camera", Andrea Colombari (Dipartimento di Informatica, UniversitÓ di Verona)
5th Seminar, May 30 2006, 5.30PM
- "A linear method for solving non-linear inverse scattering problems of
interest in microwave tomography", Riccardo Aramini (Dipartimento di Matematica,
UniversitÓ di Trento)
6th Seminar, July 04 2006, 5.30PM
- "Mean Shift: theory and applications", Marco Cristani (Dipartimento di Informatica, UniversitÓ di Verona)
Location and Schedule
All the seminars will be held in the Department of Computer Science, Verona.
Room: "Aula Verde" (except the 3rd Seminar, see above)
Schedule: see above
Information on how to reach our department
are presented in this page.
For any other information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org